Clinic: Intellectual Property
Students in this clinic represent individuals and small businesses in matters relating to intellectual property as well as business organization and planning. The clinic is part of the University of Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship, established by the state legislature in 2006 to 'train the next generation of entrepreneurs in an experiential manner that would assist businesses in the state today.' Students will receive intensive training in the relevant law and lawyering skills and will represent clients under the supervision of a full-time supervising attorney. Opportunities for collaboration with students and faculty from the University's School of Business may be presented. Some classes, and other activities, will take place off-campus at the Center for Entrepreneurship's offices in East Hartford. A scientific or engineering background may be helpful but is not required. Prerequisite: Trademark Law (LAW 7939), Patent Law & Procedure (LAW 7716), or Intellectual Property (LAW 7715).
- Date: Thursday 3:30-6:30PM
- Location: KT 205
- Catalog number-Section number: 7877-01
- Course Type: Clinic
- Prerequisites: Prerequisite: LAW 7715 or 7716
- Credits (min/max): 5/5
- Notes: The requisites for this course have been temporarily removed to allow for priority registration. Students who do not meet the requisites will need the permission of the instructor to remain enrolled. The actual enrollment limit is 12. 6 students will be selected by the instructors based on experience. The actual credits for this course is 5, it has been temporarily lowered to 3 to allow for priority registration.
- Enrollment status: Closed
- Current enrollment/capacity: 12/12
- Reserve population/capacity: 0/0
- Waitlist enrollment/capacity: 1/50
- Grade basis: Graded
- Satisifies Writing Requirement: No
- Exam type: NO EXAM