- Class number: 13562
- Term: Fall 2012
- Instructor: Lotstein,James I.
This seminar will focus on developing the legal skills required by an attorney advising a client who is buying or selling a closely held business. The seminar will provide students with practical experience in drafting transaction documents and engaging in negotiations. Topics covered will include alternative transaction structures, letters of intent, acquisition agreement components, due diligence and disclosure schedules and negotiation of risk allocation. Students will also review various court cases, transaction documentation and articles.
- Date: Wednesday 4:00-6:00PM
- Location: Library 518
- Catalog number-Section number: 7754-01
- Course Type: Seminar
- Prerequisites: Requisite: Business Organizations (7605).
- Credits (min/max): 2/2
Students enrolled in the course must meet requisite requirements or obtain an approved waiver of the requisite from the instructor.
- Enrollment status: Closed
- Current enrollment/capacity: 18/18
- Reserve population/capacity: 0/0
- Waitlist enrollment/capacity: 2/50
- Grade basis: Graded
- Satisifies Writing Requirement: No
- Exam type: TAKE HOME