The Center of International Human Rights at Northwestern University has launched the Death Penalty Worldwide database, a free website providing up-to-date analysis on the law and practice of capital punishment for every country in the world that retains a death penalty.
The database tracks, among other information:
- the offenses for which the death penalty may be imposed
- ratification of relevant international treaties
- national and international jurisprudence
- methods of execution
- death sentence and execution statistics
- decisions of international human rights bodies
- the availability of legal aid; and
- recent domestic developments with regard to capital punishment.