The following lead opinions were selected for inclusion:
- Jose A. Cabranes, Rivas v. Fischer, 687 F.3d 514 (2d Cir. 2012)
- John Gleeson, U.S. v. Dossie, 851 F.Supp.2d 478 (E.D.N.Y. 2012)
- Royce C. Lamberth, In re Grand Jury Subpoena, 846 F.Supp.2d 1 (D.D.C. 2012)
- Ojetta R. Thompson, Schatz v. RSLC, 669 F.3d 50 (1st Cir. 2012)
As were these concurrences, dissents, etc.
- Marsha Berzon & Richard Tallman, Miles v. Ryan, 697 F.3d 1090 (9th Cir. 2012)
- Neil Gorsuch, U.S. v. Rosales-Garcia, 667 F.3d 1348 (10th Cir. 2012)
- Elena Kagan, Williams v. Illinois, 132 S.Ct. 2221 (2012)
These books were also selected:
- Flagrant Conduct: The Story of Lawrence v. Texas: How a Bedroom Arrest Decriminalized Gay Americans, Dale Carpenter
- Henry Friendly, Greatest Judge of His Era, David M. Dorsen
- Cosmic Constitutional Theory: Why Americans Are Losing Their Inalienable Right to Self-Governance, J. Harvie Wilkinson III
Click here for the full list of exemplary legal writing for 2012.