The Little Book of Boating Law has just been added to the library’s collection.
The book contains a collection of 16 cases dealing with the legal complications of boating. It examines a wide range of engaging legal issues and interesting factual situations, including:
- Whitewater Rafting: Assumption of Risk (Ferrari v. Grand Canyon Dories)
- Boat Damage from Wind and Waves (In re Banks Petition)
- Rescue of Distressed Swimmers (Roane v. Greenwich Swim Committee)
- Whaling Protests (Woodyer v. U.S.)
- Oil Spills and Pleasure Boats (Oppen v. Aetna Insurance Co.)
Also scattered throughout are excerpts from works by some of history’s most distinguished authors who loved the water, including Mark Twain, Jack London, and Henry David Thoreau.