Rodeos – ranches – the Wild West. If you are interested in the culture of the American cowboy, then check out The Little Book of Cowboy Law, which was recently added to the library’s collection.
The book contains a collection of legal cases dealing with some aspect of “cowboy culture.” Some of the issues examined in the book include:
- Protecting a Trade Name (Stetson v Stetson)
- Liability for a Wild Bull (Zuniga v Storey)
- Cowboy Boots as Weapons (State v Bell)
- The Horse Protection Act (McCloy v US Dept. of Agriculture)
- Spectators Injured at Rodeos (Creel v Washington Parish Fair Ass’n)
The author has also sprinkled prose from Songs of the Cattle Trail and Cow Camp throughout the book.