Or, you can registered for a password while on campus and then log in from off campus by going directly to www.artstor.org. The password expires after 120 days. Contact Michael Young (tel. 860-486-4953) for assistance.
The ARTstor Charter Collection currently contains approximately 500,000 images. Covers artistic traditions across many times and cultures, including architecture, painting, sculpture, photography, decorative arts, and design as well as many other forms of visual culture.
Contains the following collections (descriptions from the ARTstor Web Site):
- The Image Gallery A deep and broad collection of images of world visual art and culture.
- The Art History Survey Collection Key monuments of world art defined by a concordance of ten standard art history survey texts
- The Carnegie Arts of the United States Collection Images documenting the history of American art, architecture, visual and material culture.
- The Huntington Archive of Asian Art Broad photographic overview of the art of Asia from 3000 B.C. through the present.
- The Illustrated Bartsch A collection derived from the standard art reference publication, The Illustrated Bartsch, which contains Old Master European prints from the 15th to 19th Centuries.
- The Mellon International Dunhuang Archive Wall paintings and sculpture from the Buddhist cave shrines in Dunhuang, China, a key site on the ancient Silk Route.
- The MoMA Architecture and Design Collection Images representing the collections of the Department of Architecture and Design of The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York.
Technical requirements for access to ARTSTOR:
- Flash Player: Version 6 or above
- Java: Sun Version 1.3 or above
- Pop-up blocking software: Must be disabled or set to allow pop-up windows from www.artstor.org
- Cookies: Must be enabled
- Monitor resolution: 1024x768 is recommended
- Memory: 128 MB or higher
- PC: Windows 2000 or XP, Microsoft IE 5.5 and above, Netscape 6.0 and above, Mozilla 1.5 and above, PWB 2.05 and above
- Macintosh: OS 10.2 ot OS 10.3 (10.3 is required to use Java 1.4), Microsoft IE 5.2 and above, Netscape 6.0 and above, Mozilla 1.5 and above
- Linux: Any version, Netscape 6.0 and above, Mozilla 1.2 and above, Firefox 0.9.1