Coverage: 1771- present
Type(s) of Content: Full Text
Short Description: Information on over 7 million organic compounds. Covers chemical structures, data on preparation, reactions, physical properties such as boiling point, melting point, and spectral identification. Note: Beilstein does not index polymers.Download the Beilstein Commander client software from UConn's Beilstein Client Distribution Page.
The Beilstein Commander software is also available on all SuperHOMER computer workstations within the UConn libraries in the 'Other Databases' folder on the Windows desktop.
Important notice for Symyx / DiscoveryGate users: According to the University of Connecticut license agreement with Symex, UConn users must note the following:
- The UConn Libraries reminds users that any and all DiscoveryGate
access credentials (netID and password for off-campus users)
must not be disclosed to or used by others.
- DiscoveryGate contains proprietary information of SYMYX and its suppliers. UConn Users must:
- keep all DiscoveryGate proprietary information confidential;
- disclose such information only to the extent required to use DiscoveryGate for the Licensed Purpose; and
- obligate its Licensed Users to protect all such proprietary information made available to them.
- This obligation does not, however, preclude LICENSEE and its Licensed Users from using or disclosing proprietary information which is:
- already in the public domain at the time of use or disclosure;
- already known to LICENSEE or is rightfully received by LICENSEE from a third party without any obligation of confidentiality;
- independently developed by persons without access to SYMYX's proprietary information.
- LICENSEE may disclose proprietary information to the minimum extent required by a governmental entity or agency in connection with seeking governmental or regulatory approval, provided that reasonable measures are taken to prevent further disclosure, including without limitation, seeking appropriate confidential treatment or a protective order, or assisting SYMYX to do so.
- promptly discontinue all use of DiscoveryGate
- remove DiscoveryGate and any and all portions thereof from all computers
- deliver to SYMYX any and all copies of any media and any proprietary materials to Symyx that have been provided to LICENSEE, or destroy any proprietary DiscoveryGate components and documentation, and certify such destruction to SYMYX in writing, no more than fifteen (15) days following the date of termination or expiration.