Time Reporting Guidelines
- Complete time sheet in ink. University payroll records are audited by both internal and external auditors. Time sheets are considered official state records and must be completed in ink. Pencil reporting can easily be altered and is therefore unacceptable for time reporting.
- Print legibly.
- Record the correct pay period end date (month/day/year), using the dates listed on the reverse of the time sheet or by referring to the Payroll Deadline list.
- Record work hours in quarter hour increments. The University's payroll system will not accept time reporting in increments smaller than .25 hours. The system does not recognize minutes or seconds.
- Provide a supervisor's signature on time sheets reporting work hours (no supervisor signature is required when submitting a zero balance time sheet).
- All time sheet submissions must be signed by the student worker.
- Submit time sheet by the deadline set by the School of Law Student Employment Program Office. Student Payroll time sheets may be placed in a wire basket located at the Law Library Circulation Desk or submitted directly to staff in the Student Employment Program Office.