Contact the Tax Clinic
The Tax Clinic is located at the University of Connecticut Law School, 65 Elizabeth Street, Hartford, CT, on the third floor of the Hosmer Building. The phone number is (860) 570-5165. You can reach the Tax Clinic offices by bus (Connecticut Transit Route A; nearest stops are Asylum and Woodland or Asylum and Fern), or by car.
Generally, the Tax Clinic offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm. It is best if you make an appointment rather than walk in. We will try to help you set up a meeting at a time that fits your schedule you if you cannot come in during our office hours.
Diana Leyden, Esq., Director
65 Elizabeth Street
Hartford, CT 06105
Phone: (860) 570-5165
FAX: (860) 570-5195
- Our services are free if you qualify for our clinic.
- The Tax Clinic is independent of the IRS/DRS.
- The Tax Clinic will keep all information confidential.
- Representation is free, but incidental costs such as court filing fees, will be your responsibility.
- We will not decide to accept the case until s/he comes in for an initial appointment and the matter is discussed with the Director of the Clinic. A decision to accept or decline the case is usually made within 7-10 days after that appointment.
- The Tax Clinic reserves the right to withdraw if at any time it is discovered that you either intentionally or negligently misrepresented or omitted any material fact(s) with regard to your case, including, but not limited to, information pertaining to your personal or financial status.
What should you bring to your first meeting?
- Tax returns you filed or had prepared for year(s)in issue, including your most current return.
- Copies of your most recent pay stubs or documents that show your current yearly income.
- All correspondence to and from the IRS/DRS and Tax Court.
- Any documents you think relates to your case.