Here are the basics to get you started:
- Student Guide to Information Systems
- Obtaining and Activating Your NetID
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Log on to the wireless network: UCONN-SECURE
- Access your UConn Email
- Computing Resources & Facilities
- PeopleSoft | FAQ
- Printing & Scanning
- Exam4 (Exam Software)
- Assistive Technology
- Contact the Help Desk
- Antivirus: PC | Mac
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Corel WordPerfect
- Microsoft Lync
- Free Software Downloads (requires login)
There are Westlaw and Lexis Advance trainings available on campus. Please contact Holly Rush, Westlaw Representative and Meredith Shuman, Lexis Representative for more information.
Student Email - Our student email server is currently unavailable. All University and Law School email will be sent to students' uconn.edu addresses. Any email forwarded to a students.law.uconn.edu email address will not be delivered.
Notice: End of Life for Windows XP - Beginning April 8, 2014, Microsoft will no longer support Windows XP. More information: February 12, 2014 UConn Daily Digest.
- Resetting your Active Directory password (LAWID)
- Resetting your NetID password
- Request access to a network directory folder (requires faculty/supervisor approval)
- Request change in access to student org email address
The Law ITS department can provide audio/visual (A/V) support for events and activities by setting up and operating A/V equipment, helping locate an on-campus person or outside vendor for hire, or training the event coordinator in how to operate the A/V equipment.