Students are reminded that our beautiful Law School is located in an urban environment. The Uniform Campus Crime Report is found on the web. The Law School takes preventative measures to help ensure the safety and security of all students while on campus:
In the evening, the doors to Hosmer Hall, Chase Hall, Knight Hall, and Starr Hall are accessible only by key card swipe. If students have trouble accessing a building with their card or need a replacement card, please contact Rosa Colón at Rosa.Colon@law.uconn.edu or Ann Crawford at Ann.Crawford@law.uconn.edu.
Emergency Phones are located throughout the campus. These phones automatically dial the UConn Police Department (located on the main floor of the Law Library) when the receiver is picked up. If there is no response after three rings, the phones automatically dial the Hartford Police Department. Phones are located in:
- Starr parking lot, south of the archway
- Law Library parking lot, near the northwest corner of the building (near the PILG parking spot)
- Law Library parking lot, on the east side of the building between the Law Library loading dock and Knight Hall
- Knight Hall ramp, on the quad side of Knight
- Hosmer parking lot, near the cafeteria entrance
In addition to the preventative safety and security measures taken by the Law School, students are strongly encouraged to adopt the following sensible precautions to protect themselves and help keep campus secure:
- Do not leave valuable items in plain sight in your vehicles
- Do not leave laptops or other attractive electronic unattended
- Secure your valuables (pocketbooks, laptops, wallets, etc.) when you leave your study carrel in the library.
- Be sure that all doors close completely behind you
- Close all windows in classrooms and offices when you leave them
- Stay in lighted areas after dark
- Walk in pairs or groups when possible
- Do not remain alone in offices or other areas late into the night
All medical emergencies should be referred to Campus Police by calling 860-570-5173. If there is no answer at this number, the Hartford emergency number (911) should be called to request assistance for an acute emergency. The caller should be prepared to describe the nature of the problem and the location where the assistance is needed.
There are first aid supplies (e.g., band-aids, gauze, sterile wipes, eye wash, etc.) available in the following locations:
- Chase Hall , Second floor, outside of the Business Office
- Hosmer Hall, Second floor staff lounge
- Knight Hall , Bookstore
- Library, Copy Room, third floor
- Starr Hall , Second floor, outside of the Caterer Prep Room
Reporting Crimes and Emergencies
In the event you are witness to or a victim of a crime on campus or any type of an emergency, go to any telephone and dial 5173 (campus phone) or 860.570.5173 (public phone). In the event of a fire and/or medical emergency, call the 911 emergency operator and furnish all pertinent information. The University police also should be notified, 860.570.5173, and an officer will follow up on your report.