2013 Alia Herrera Memorial Scholarship
The American Association for Justice (AAJ) is pleased to announce the 2013 Alia Herrera Memorial Scholarship. The Scholarship, in the amount of $3,000, is open to eligible law students who are entering their second or third-year of law school, or have the equivalent of one year to complete. The winning applicant must be able to commit to attending the AAJ Auxiliary Breakfast in San Francisco, California on Tuesday, July 23, 2013.
- Law students who are attending law schools in California, Arizona, Nevada, or Oregon; or
- Law students who are student members of the law school student section of AAJ; or
- Law students who are children of AAJ members.
All applicants must be AAJ Law Student Members. Law Students can join at the rate of $15. Student membership applications can be found here.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter
- Current transcript
- Letter of recommendation from a law professor or the Dean of the law school, and
- A 500-word essay answering the question: “Should America adopt the ‘English Rule,’ under which the losing party in litigation generally pays the winner’s costs, including attorney’s fees?”
For submission guidelines and additional information, please visit the AAJ website.