American Association for Justice Trial Advocacy Scholarship
The American Association for Justice (AAJ) Trial Advocacy Scholarship is open to all AAJ Law Student members who are entering their second or third-year of law school and who are enrolled in an ABA accredited law school. The award is $2,500.
Law Students can join the AAJ at the rate of $15. Student membership applications can be found here.
The scholarship will be awarded to the applicant who best:
- Demonstrates a commitment to AAJ and dedication to its mission through extensive involvement in AAJ student chapter activities;
- Expresses a desire to represent victims;
- Exhibits an interest and proficiency of skills in trial advocacy; and
- Shows a financial need.
All applications must include:
- A resume
- A statement of financial need
- A 500-word essay on how the applicant meets the criteria
- Up to three recommendations from a faculty advisor, trial advocacy professor, dean, AAJ member, or trial lawyer; and
- A completed form verifying the applicant’s student status
For submission guidelines and additional information, please visit the AAJ website.