DRI 2013 Law Student Diversity Scholarship
DRI, the leading organization of defense attorneys and in-house counsel, is pleased to announce its annual Law Student Diversity Scholarship Program. These scholarships provide financial assistance to two worthy law students from ABA accredited law schools in order to promote, in a tangible way, the DRI Diversity Statement of Principle.
This scholarship is open to:
- Incoming second-and third-year African American, Hispanic, Asian, and Native American law students
- Incoming second-and third-year female law students regardless of their race or ethnicity
- Incoming second-and third-year law students who come from backgrounds that would add to the cause of diversity, regardless of race or gender.
To qualify for this scholarship, candidates must be full-time students. Evening students also qualify for consideration if they have completed one-third or more of the total credit hours required for a degree by the applicant’s law school.
Students who are members of the American Association for Justice (AAJ), Law School or Law Student members of AAJ or students otherwise affiliated with or employed by AAJ are not eligible for DRI Law Student Diversity Scholarships.
Two scholarships, in the amount of $10,000 each, will be awarded to applicants who best meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated academic excellence
- Service to the profession
- Service to the community
- Service to the cause of diversity
For additional information and to download the DRI’s Law Student Diversity Scholarship Application, please visit the DRI website.