It is my great pleasure to welcome you to the UConn School of Law as a member of the entering classes of 2016 and 2017 this fall. This is a time of excitement at UConn, reflecting events both inside and outside the law school. I arrived as dean on July 1, 2013 following thirty-five years in private practice. My hiring reflects many things about the school, including an openness to change, since it is rare for a law school to bring in a new leader from the private sector. While I am new to the job, I have known this law school well over the years, and am tremendously pleased with its many strengths. Read More >>
Information for the fall 2014 incoming classes will be posted shortly. Below is information that was provided to the fall 2013 incoming classes that new students might find helpful as an example of activities for new students.
- Update your profile in the student administrative system, please include your current email and local address.
- International students only: Complete the INS biographic survey. For a copy of the form please email the graduate studies office.
- File your immunization record.
- Review your health insurance needs.
- Register your vehicle for on-campus parking or waive this fee
- Review your schedule of classes.
- Transfer, visiting, exchange, and LL.M. students: submit course selections to the registrar's office.
- Send all final required admissions credentials (i.e., your final transcript).
J.D., visiting and transfer students send materials to the Admissions Office
LL.M. students send materials to the Graduate Programs Office
Exchange students send materials to the International Programs Office
- Authorize use of financial aid to cover university charges (Title IV funds) if applicable.
- Complete Federal Student Loan entrance counseling, if applicable.
- Complete Direct Federal Student Loan Master Promissory Note(s) if applicable
- Out-of-state students only: Review process for becoming a Connecticut resident.
- JD Students: Complete all necessary forms and send to the JD Admissions Office, including:
- College Certification Form
- Final undergraduate transcript
- Exchange students: Complete all necessary forms to the international programs office, including:
- Notice of Intention
- Financial Declaration
- Request for Issuance of DS-2019
- Arrival Sheet
- Personal Information Sheet
- Tuition payments are due on August 1, 2014. If you are receiving financial aid, your tuition will be deferred until your loans are received. For information about payment plans and other methods of payment please visit the bursar's web page.
- Complete the Getting Started checklist on the Information Technology page for email and account information.