Distance Learning Research
Welcome, distance learning insurance LL.M students. This Web site is created to give you "one-stop-shop" services and enable you to conduct online library research with the same efficiency as regular LL.M students. Hope you find the site helpful. Please feel free to contact me, Insurance Law Librarian--Yan Hong, if you have any questions by e-mail. Or call me at 860-570-5081. My office hours: Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Please also call Reference Desk at 860-570-5068 or chat online with a reference librarian when Reference Desk is open.
UConn Law School Library has a strong insurance collection in both print and electronic formats. To use the online resources remotely, you need a network ID and password that you get from our IT Department. If you don't have a password and would like to have one, please e-mail the Helpdesk.
Old exams are available online now. Please go to Exam Archive.
Please start your research from Insurance Research page.
Important Databases for Your Research
- Lexis (password required)
- Westlaw and TWEN (password required)
- IRMI Online (password required. E-mail me if you need to get access to it.)
- Hein Online Archival database of full page images from legal journals (from the first issue published to a few years before present); the U.S. Federal Register from 1936 to 1980; U.S. Reports from 1754 to the present; and U.S. Treaties from 1776-1984.
- JSTOR provides digitized backfiles of core scholarly journals in many academic fields, beginning with the first issue up to a "moving wall" of 2 to 5 years.
- Springerlink Full text of scholarly journals from a variety of disciplines.
- ProQuest Databases inks to a variety of databases provided by ProQuest, including ABI/Inform, Hoover's Company Capsules and Profiles, and iConn Newsstand.
- InfoTrac Indexes and abstracts over 1600 magazines and journals in all fields of the sciences, social sciences, communication sciences, and humanities since 1980, and reproduces the full text for over 600 titles.
- NBER Working Papers Full text of working papers published by researchers for the National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Making of Modern Law Provides digital images of more than 21,000 American and British legal treatises from the 19th and 20th centuries. Includes full text and keyword searching.
- E-Journal Locator Looking for full-text journal articles, and not sure whether we have electronic access to it? Try E-Journal Locator or go to Insurance Law/Insurance Journals, Treatises, and Texts in E-format LibGuide
There are many databases you could use for research purposes. To get a full picture of what we have, please go to Research Databases site at University of Connecticut Law School Library webpage. If you have any questions on accessing to those databases or how to search those databases, please feel free to contact me.